Program learning outcomes are statements by faculty members that describe the most important things students will know and be able to do when they graduate from a program.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Upon graduating from the 技术设计 BS program, students will be able to:
- develop and sew production patterns and document how the garment is to be constructed 使用制造商清楚的语言;
- analyze the fit of a garment and document the problems in a clear and concise manner;
- follow a garment through pattern development, construction, and fitting, and create 技术规格包(Tech Pack);
- measure a variety of garments: blouses, pants, skirts, jackets, dresses, intimate apparel, and be familiar with different methods used to measure garments in the industry;
- distinguish between the properties associated with different fabric types and how these properties impact pattern development, sewing, pressing, finishing, and fit;
- analyze a grading specifications sheet and grade basic patterns in a full size range 在不影响原有设计的前提下;
- analyze corporate structure and describe the responsibilities of the designer, technical 设计师、跟单商和承包商;
- become familiar with safety regulations associated with specific garment types and customer base and develop creative solutions for mass production in accordance with 安全法规;
- work as a team to: (a) create clear objectives, balance people skills and abilities, (b) develop effective processes for making decisions and communicating efficiently and (c) develop leadership skills to resolve conflicts while maintaining mutual cooperation and respect for each other; and
- use current technologies and software programs utilized in the 技术设计 field 与熟练程度.